Tieton River Canyon - Main Canal Upgrade Facts
FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OUR PURSUIT TO SECURE LONG TERM WATER SUSTAINABILITY FOR OUR USERS
- The main canal was not included in the rehabilitation and betterment project completed in 1986.
- February of 2013 - YTID hired a consulting firm to complete a feasibility study on the replacement or upgrade of the main canal as well as the ability to wheel water to acreage within the Cowiche Creek drainage system for fishery enhancement purposes.
- The outcome of this study may determine the need for a large capital improvement project,which will require funding through additional debt. This possible project is expected to be at least five to 20 years in the future.
Update as of July 2015
The District completed the alternatives study to upgrade or replace the main canal. One of the next steps recommended from the study is to review the potential environmental impacts of the preferred alignment. In June 2015, the District conducted a meeting with regulatory and approving agencies to review the preferred alignment. The objectives of the meeting were as follows:
1. Introduce the proposed project and project schedule
2. Review preliminary environmental issues
3. Provide opportunity for early agency/stakeholder input
4. Discuss NEPA and SEPA lead agencies and next steps
A powerpoint presentation and related technical memorandum from that meeting are available on this website to review or download. If you have any questions in regard to these documents or the main canal project, please contact the District Manager.
|File Size:||7112 kb|
MAIN CANAL PROJECT STUDIES