- Frost protection water is available after March 15th of each water season and remains available no later than June 15th. Frost flows may be regulated depending on the demand of irrigation water. The frost flows may be reduced so the pipeline capacity is not exceeded causing damage to the system.
- The District must be notified of property ownership changes, water transfer agreements, property segregation and other changes prior to November 15th of each year or the assessment billings will be sent without the proper changes being made.
- Water shares can be bought and sold. The cost of shares is negotiated between the buyer and the seller. Water shares can be transferred only to property within the District boundaries that are classified as irrigable. The District charges a fee of $150.00 per water transfer.
- One share of irrigation water is quantified as 4.9 gallons per minute flowing continuously. There is no pro-ration allowed nor any discounts as a result of interruption of service during the season.
- A service fee is charged to any water user that caused District personnel to change the flow to a turnout as a result of a water share transfer or changing from alternate to continuous or visa versa. The charges range from $20.00 to $50.00 depending on the adjustment to the turnout.
- It is not advised in any situation to connect Yakima Tieton Irrigation District water to any irrigation system that is also connected to a domestic water supply system.
- General Water Measurement Info:
1 cubic foot per second = 2 acre feet in 24 hours
1 cubic foot per second = 1 acre inch per hour
1 cubic foot per second = 450 gallons per minute
1 cubic foot per second = 7.5 gallons per second
1 acre foot = the amount of water required to cover one acre, one foot deep
1 acre foot = 325,850 gallons